SuperMIG® Medium Duty AL System
The SuperMIG® hybrid welding system is an innovative welding technology, globally patent protected, used for automated welding facilities. It is based on combining two well known, reliable welding processes – plasma arc and GMAW – into one welding torch. The SuperMIG® process can replace and improve most welding results achieved by either standard GMAW or plasma systems, for most common applications and known configurations (e.g true lap, continuous, stich or spot).
The system, comprised of the torch and the WCM – Welding Control Module, is designed to be integrated with most commonly used robotic or hard automation motion devices, as well as most modern GMAW power sources.
The technology’s main advantages over existing welding systems are:
- At least 2 x times increase of speed,
- At least 2 times deeper penetration per single pass,
- Reduced filler wire usage due to a narrower edge opening while welding thick plates,
- Reduced part distortion due to a narrower Heat Affected Zone,
- Reduced pre-weld and post-weld operations,
- Superior weld quality and metallurgical integrity, meeting all specifications required for welding of Al based alloys.
Welding Control Module
- Compatible with most motion system/robot controllers,
- with multiple industrial protocols,
- Capable of storing multiple welding programs & parameters,
- Digital Plasma gas flow & gas mixture control,
- AC Plasma power source,
- Unique plasma pilot arc and arc ignition system (no high frequency oscillation),
- Closed cycle torch cooling water pump & reservoir.
MD Al torch:
- Compact Head – 2.5 kg (5,5 lb),
- Power capacity (100% duty cycle): plasma – 200A (AC), GMAW – 550A,
- Pre-aligned with motion system / robot,
- Water cooled,
- Electrically isolated,
- Suitable for wires 1.0mm to 1.6mm dia,
- Quick change of consumables: tungsten electrode, plasma nozzle, GMAW tip, GMAW shield nozzle,
- Can easily be integrated with a seam tracking system and oscillator.
< Go back to Products