SuperMIG® Heavy Duty System
The SuperMIG® hybrid welding system is an innovative welding technology, globally patent protected, used for automated welding facilities. It is based on combining two well known, reliable welding processes – plasma arc and GMAW – into one welding torch. The SuperMIG® process can replace and improve most welding results achieved by either standard GMAW or plasma systems, for most common applications and known configurations (e.g true lap, continuous, stich or spot).
The system, comprised of the torch and the WCM – Welding Control Module, is designed to be integrated with most commonly used robotic or hard automation motion devices, as well as most modern GMAW power sources.
The technology’s main advantages over existing welding systems are:
- At least 2 x times increase of speed,
- At least 50% deeper penetration,
- Reduced part distortion due to a narrower HAZ – Heat Affected Zone,
- Reduced weld spatter,
- Reduced pre-weld and post-weld operations and wire usage,
- Meets all specification required for GMAW.
WCM – Welding Control Module
- Compatible with most motion systems / robot controllers with multiple protocols,
- Capable of storing multiple welding programs & parameters,
- Digital gas flow and gas mixture control,
- Plasma power source,
- Plasma pilot arc and arc ignition system,
- Torch cooling water pump & reservoir.
- Slim, compact head – 4.3 kg (9.5 lb) (incl. holder and insulation plate),
- Power capacity (100% duty cycle): plasma – 400 A, GMAW – 650 A,
- Pre-aligned with motion system / robot,
- Fully water cooled – both Plasma & GMAW components,
- Electrically isolated,
- Suitable for wires 1.0mm to 1.6mm dia.,
- Quick change of consumables: tungsten electrode, plasma nozzle, GMAW torch tip,
GMAW shield nozzle,
- Can easily be integrated with a seam tracking system and oscillator.
< Go back to Products